Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Honey 9-1-1

I have found that part of a grandmother's job description includes 9-1-1 service. I got a call the other day and the sweet angelic voice of little Ava was on the other end saying "Honey, some mean man is trying to steal my mommie's money." I instantly had the picture of my Jana...my firstborn who took the use of forceps to be born, who I nurtured and prayed for and cried over, was lying in some gutter with her purse ripped from her arm and an open gashing wound to her forehead...and her dear sweet Ava calling her Honey to solve this dilemma. Thank goodness for Ava's calmness because it kept me from flipping out. So I asked her how is the mean man steeling your mommie's money, to which she replied in a way that reeked with How ignorant are you?...but she politely stated, "With a pen Honey.....to write on the paper". Well then Jana got on the phone and explained how some crazy guy in Houston has somehow made up some official looking checks and is writing bad checks throughout the greater State of Texas using Ben's name and info. Now not to lighten up the seriousness and hassle this causes in their life, I cannot say how grateful I was that Jana and her pocket book were all in one piece....and I learned I don't think I could ever handle the stress of being a 9-1-1 operator. But for now I do hope this all gets settled soon...If you own a business in Texas, please do not accept a check from anyone claiming to be our Ben; you're upsetting our Ava.

No comments:

Post a Comment