Sunday, February 1, 2009

I've Got the Power

I've got the Power....or at least it feels like we could anyway. When I came home from Chico last Friday there was a msg on the phone machine from somebody I didn't even know asking us to call him back because he wanted to buy our irrigation water this year and I wondered how he had our name to call us and how he knew we were in the irrigation district. Then I got a call later that afternoon from King Wilson from our ward asking the same thing...but he just asked if we weren't going to use our water this year if we would sell it to him and as I got to talking to him and brought up this other phone call I got, he said that with the water in such demand this year with the drought, our name was posted at the Irrigation District office as someone who hadn't used the water in the past couple of years and that most of those posted only had 1 or 2 acres but with us with 25 acres, we would be a real target as it was such a large quantity. I knew things were bad, but not that bad. In fact the lady at the Irrigation District said that there only may be water until June if things don't improve soon whereas the water usually flows until October. We were thinking about using some of the irrigation water this year to give the trees a few good soakings on top of the drip so we're not sure about selling it off...or at least all of it off at this point, but it makes it really scary for these farmers who are depending soley on the irrigation and what they'll do in those last months of summer when it gets really hot. I mean, here it is February, and we're already starting to drip our trees cuz it's been so dry, what will July be like. Dave and I tossed out the thought of putting our water up on Ebay but I think that's what they call unrighteous dominion....but I do feel like we could end up being the most popular people in Glenn County before this summer's over; everybody will want us for their friend.

But it is a sad thing to think of how this effects farm production and the farmers. And you can't help but wonder about the correlation of the drought tying in with the ramifications of moral social decline of our time, people insisting that same-sex marriage is to be approved and government corruption being a free for all. As we fasted for rain this Fast Sunday, it just seemed that instead of just praying for rain, we had to include in our prayers that people would be more faithful in following the commandments and be touched by the spirit to live better lives so that we can be worthy to receive the blessings of the rain. I guess in essence you can't stop the train of the Second Coming from happening and we just have to accept the trials that are going to come along as that time gets closer. I guess I just want the Second Coming to happen without the trials. This kinds of gives new meaning to the old Credance Clearwater song, Who'll Stop the Rain?----the corrupt, the activtists, the deceived, many government leaders.

So how much would you offer me for my 25 acres' worth of water?

No comments:

Post a Comment